How does a person know they could use a voice therapist?
Take the quiz!
You don’t have to wait until things are catastrophically wrong to come in for a tune-up (although I’ll absolutely jump to your rescue if this is your situation!). Everyone can benefit from a little bit of tweaking to help make using their voice feel a lot more efficient, easy, and effortless.
The following questions may help you decide if voice therapy is right for you:
- Does your voice become weak, tired, or hoarse by the end of the day?
- Does your voice “break”, is it harsh or gravelly-sounding, or is your pitch uncomfortably high or low?
- Have you lost your voice recently, either partially or completely?
- Do you often find you have a hard time getting enough air in, or do you feel like you are always holding your breath?
- Do you frequently experience indigestion or heartburn along with a voice concern?
- Do you cough or clear your throat a lot, or wake up with a terrible voice more days than not?
- Do you have heavy voice demands, either professionally or socially?
- Do you find speaking in background noise difficult, or do people have a hard time hearing you?
- Do you experience pain, tension, or tenderness in the neck or throat, or have difficulty swallowing?
- Do you sing, act, or speak professionally, or wish to improve your power, stamina, or range?
- Is your voice essential to your work, your social life, or your identity?
- Would you like to optimize your voice?
If you have answered “Yes” to even one question above, contact me for an appointment – I can help you find your best voice!